We only use selected woods for our cutting boards. The processed wood is not artificially colored.
- Amaranth - is native to Central and South America. It is one of the hard, brittle woods and its colour is basically light brown, but turns dark purple after exposure to light.
- Maple - we mainly use European sycamore maple. Maple is one of the hard woods and can turn yellow over the years. Isolated darker stripes in the grain are typical.
- Bubinga - belongs to the hard and very resistant woods. We use dark red bubinga to create a wonderful contrast to maple. A special characteristic of Bubinga is its very low water absorption.
- Sweet chestnut - belongs to the medium-hard woods. Our black and white boards are mainly made with this valuable wood.
- Oak - is a West African hard wood. We also use oak for our black and white cutting boards.
- Mahogany - belongs to the medium-hard woods. Mahogany has a uniform red-brown color, a calm, unobtrusive grain and is very resistant.
- Black walnut (american walnut) - belongs to the medium-hard woods. The wood of the black walnut is dark brown-gray with a reddish tinge. It isvery valuable and impresses with its special color and grain.
- Tigerwood (Goncalo Alves) - is a very hard and extreme heavy wood. The special feature of this wood is a very beautiful light and dark brown grain. We rarely use tigerwood for end-grain boards because hairline cracks can occur when exposed to intense sunlight (drying out).
- Walnut - belongs to the medium-hard woods and is very heavy. The wood of the walnut is black-brown-gray, very valuable and impresses with its special color and grain.
- Veneer - we mainly use maple, smoked oak or bog oak.
Our cutting boards are made from the end face (end grain) of woods. The wood is cut across the grain, which then forms the cutting surface.
The processing of the wood requires a large number of work steps, which means that the final dimension is only visible at the end. For this reason, each board is unique.
Die Schneidbretter sind selbstverständlich beidseitig verwendbar. Die Kanten sind abgeschrägt - die Optik ist einmalig.
The cutting boards can be used on both sides. The edges are bevelled - the look is unique.
Our cutting boards are made from sustainably planted wood with waterproof glue and are neither chemically treated nor colored. Woods such as Oak are particularly suitable for smoking, which makes them black (similar to bog oak).
The wood is very finely sanded and treated 3 times with hard oil (tested according to EN 71-3)